Thursday 9 December 2010

Lessons on One of Them Days

Today is one of them days. A day full of emotion on both ends of the scale. Let me explain. This afternoon was the funeral for little baby Faith. She never had the chance to taste life on this earth. She lived inside her mum, and was happy there, but it wasn't to last. And today, a small service to say ... see you 'soon'. Do I understand any of this? .. NO !! Does it hurt? - it damn well does. But even in these times I will believe that my God is God and I am not. Next time we sing that song in church - "He gives and takes away", well that will never be the same again.

Than tonight I shared with the Salvation Army band, singing Carols. Songs of hope, songs of promise, songs of a Saviour and a birth - such a contrasting day today. And still ... I hope, I learn ... for it is not for me to ask why, but say, thank you Lord for Life, for families, for friends, for memories, for Christmas, for the knowledge of Faith being with you, thank you Lord.

Sometimes, when the sun goes down, It seems it will never rise again…
but it will!
Sometimes, when you feel alone, It seems your heart will break in two…
but it won’t.
And sometimes, it seems It’s hardly worthwhile carrying on…
But it is.
For sometimes, when the sun goes down, It seems it will never rise again,
But it does

poem by Frank Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment