Wednesday 8 December 2010

Lessons from the Snow

Love it or hate it ... the snow is here. It was the way the papers informed us that caught my attention. "Fuel Shortages" "Empty Shelves in our Supermarkets" "Country's come to a standstill" to mention but a few.


For others, the heavenly white stuff came as a blessing, children playing with screams of laughter filling the streets, I even spotted some adults writing their names on cars and throwing the odd snowball.


This made me think ... would Gods' blessings ever cause me to come to a standstill ... let me linger in this blessing ... let is last ... very much like the Facebook updates of many school going youngster.


Than ... the next morning ... all the snow had gone. Youngsters complained as they'd liked another day of school, others complained about the sludge now causing slippery surfaces. And what about Gods' blessings ... when they 'end' ... am I wishing my life away for the next one to come, or has it caused me to be more contend, feeling blessed for having received it and encouraged me to seize the days ahead.


Hmmm ... another lesson learned ?

No comments:

Post a Comment